Fruit ‘breathes’: it uses oxygen (O2) and produces carbon dioxide (CO2). A CO2 adsorber removes the carbon dioxide (also referred to as carbonic acid) that forms from your storage cells in order to prevent concentrations getting too high and causing damage to your fruit.
Determining the capacity of the CO2 adsorber
In order to determine which CO2
adsorber is suitable for your situation, the following must be considered;
- number of cool cells;
- cold store dimensions;
- type & quantity of product in the cold store (how much CO2 does it produce);
- preferred storage conditions for CO2 in the cell.
Models CO2 adsorbers
Van Amerongen supplies a broad range of CO2
-scrubbers with capacities of 50 to 900 kg per 24 hour period (at 3% CO2
The advantages of our CO2 adsorbers;
- one-tank system (instead of two-tank systems from other suppliers)
1) cheaper to buy
2) twice as energy-efficient
3) 20% quicker
- unique system of sieve and distribution plates
A unique system of sieve and distribution plates enable our CO2 adsorbers to be up to 30% more efficient.
- minimal oxygen addition via the lung system
- The VA lung (buffer) system ensures there is minimal addition of O2 during the removal of CO2.
The My Fruit control systems are no doubt the most advanced control systems for Controlled Atmosphere on the market. My Fruit makes it possible to have plants of over 100 stores under control, even with ACR –our Dynamic CA system, and with integrated cooling control. But, the good thing is, we did not forget our smaller growers. To be able to serve all of our customers with the best consideration of costs and functionalities.